The 2011 Golden Slipper is the richest race in the world for two-year-olds, set to take place as Rosehill Race 7 tomorrow, and below is an in-depth field, form guide and betting analysis for the $3.5 million showdown.
This year’s Golden Slipper field features 16 starters plus one emergency and each of the juveniles vying for the title of 2011 Golden Slipper winner come into the race on the back of varied form.
There are runners in the Slipper that have had as many as five career starts including easing favourite Sepoy while some of his rivals including the Bart Cummings-trained Salade are set to have just their second run in the prestigious showdown tomorrow.
With so many factors including barriers, jockeys, trainers, career statistics and history all affecting the chance the Golden Slipper hopefuls have of success tomorrow it is important to study the form guide on the race.
Below is a comprehensive but concise 2011 Golden Slipper form guide analysis breaking down the essential facts and stats on this year’s Golden Slipper contenders.
2011 Golden Slipper Field, Form and Betting Analysis
- There are nine last-start winners in the field with #2 Smart Missile, #3 Running Tall, #6 Salade, #9 Elite Falls, #11 Altar, #12 Shared Reflections, #15 Mosheen, #16 Empress Rock and first emergency #17 Do You Think
- Four of these runners have had just one run for one win with #15 Mosheen, #16 Empress Rock, #6 Salade and #17 Do You Think out to make history at just their second career start in the Slipper on Saturday
- Aside from these one-run hopefuls, #2 Smart Missile also boasts a 100% Win Rate with two wins from as many starts
- #1 Sepoy is the next most consistent Slipper chance with an 80% Win Rate having won four of his five starts before running second as the beaten favourite to Smart Missile in the Todman
- Horses to have run and won at the Golden Slipper track / distance are #2 Smart Missile (Todman Stakes), #6 Salade (Pago Pago Stakes), #9 Elite Falls (Reisling Stakes) and #11 Altar (Magic Night Stakes)
- Horses to be ridden by a previous Golden Slipper winning jockey this year are #2 Smart Missile (Glen Boss), #5 Masthead (Craig Williams), #9 Elite Falls (Jim Cassidy) and #12 Shared Reflections (Damien Oliver)
- Last year’s Golden Slipper winner Crystal Lily jumped from barrier one and this year $61 roughie #15 Mosheen has come up with the inside gate
- Barrier one has also produced the most Golden Slipper winners with eight since the race’s inception
- Crystal Lily was coming off a win in the Sweet Embrace Stakes prior to her Slipper victory 12 months ago and this year the Sweet Embrace Stakes was won by Golden Slipper horse #12 Shared Reflections
- Shared Reflections is also one of six Golden Slipper hopefuls this year prepared by a previous Slipper winning trainer along with #5 Masthead (Lee Freedman); the Bart Cummings-trained trio of #6 Salade, #16 Empress Rock and emergency #17 Do You Think; and Satin Shoes (Clarry Conners)
The 2011 AAMI Golden Slipper will run as Rosehill Race 7 at 4:05pm (AEDST) tomorrow.